Saturday, January 14, 2012

Perfumes 2011

I love perfumes.
Everytime someone asks me what I would want as a gift I say perfume.
I do not follow trends, mostly I let my mood decide what perfume I want at that moment. My favorites are fresh woodsy and grass scents. Like you are wearing summer the whole year round. But as you read forward you will notice that most of my scents of the past moths are sweet. So hey people change and smell preference change to. Most of the times I buy my perfumes at the duty free of any airport I visit. Much more cheaper, so it gives me the chance to splurge a little on my favorite beauty item when traveling.
Not wearing any perfume feels to me like going naked out the door. Even grocery shopping in the weekend in my sweat pants I must spray some kind of scent on my skin. Sometimes I mix and match with a scented bodylotion. 
For the past six months I have been using the following perfumes:


Everyday use 






From left to right
1. Kenzo Amour
The design is cute right? I set it out on my vanity and whoever comes to my house thinks  it is some kind of art piece. Kenzo Amour is a very sweet scent with a pinch of wood. Actually it is perfect for the winter times, but who cares I started wearing it last summer. It reminds me of a very sophisticated lady in her mid thirties. So as I work in a formal office where I have to meet a lot of business partners I grab this one usually every morning, this way they will think I am the perfect partner with all those formal clothes and my perfume to match it. ;)


2. DKNY Delicious Red for Man
Yes for man. Because when I first sprayed it in the store I did not see it was for man and the smell was just my kind of smell. A soft grass woodsy scent with a frooty undertone. So I just saw it when I got home, no mind me. The size is right to put in my makeup bag so whenever I am on the go I retouch my perfume with the DKNY Delicious Red for Man.


3. Narciso Rodriguez by EDT for Her
This one has a musc scent, I also smell honey and flower so again the perfect combination for me. Narciso rodriguez is one of my favorite designers so he made the perfect scent to match it's style. And I got it. Yeahhh


4. Givenchy ange ou demon 
This is the tender tender version and again a sweet scent with a woodsy undertone. I find it also very sensual so most of the times when meeting my boyfriend I try to seduce him once again with this perfume on my body.


Occasional




























1. Marc Jacobs Daisy
Well I already said I do not follow the mainstream perfume trends. But this one I had to get cause this is just really MY kind of scent. Earthy, grassy and very fresh. That reminisce of summer will always be with me when wearing this perfume. 


2. Dolce & Gabanna The One
Usually I wear this one when there is a fun night out with the girls planned. From all my perfumes this is the sweetest one but perfect for a night out. Of course when you are in a club or bar there are hundreds of other girls with strong, sometimes tacky perfumes but with the Dolce & Gabanna The One everybody will smell YOU.


3. Chanel Coco Mademoiselle
Well this perfume I remember my mom used to wear it whenever she had a fun night out. And because of my little age of 10-12 I always thought ughhh please mom what is wrong with your old lady perfume, it is making me so nausea's. Well I have to confess, now that I am a lady myself this is my grab to perfume whenever I have a formal party. The smell will last me till the next day even if I shower. This is the original Coco Mademoiselle and not the modern one they recreated. So for me it is very specials with lots of nostalgia whenever I wear it.  


So to conclude I am a sucker for fresh summer scents but from my selection of the past six months there are a lot of sweet perfumes here. A trend you can see in all my perfumes is there is always a woodsy smell. So I believe that mo matter if the scent is sweet, sensual or fresh the main thing that attracts me is the woodsy smell in it.


xoxo,


Steph





No comments:

Post a Comment